Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wedding Veil

When I bought my dress, we looked at the veils that they offered at the boutique. They had a few their that I liked, but then I looked at the price and about had a heart attack. Over $200 for a piece of tulle, a plastic hair comb, and some beads. Really?!! I could make that for probably about $10 if I knew how. I knew right away that I would not be purchasing a veil from their.

You see, I am a very frugal person. So there was no way I was going to pay that kind of money for what I would be getting. I just couldn't do it. I would be feeling nothing but guilt if I did. So, I began searching on Etsy for a veil. I figured I could find one cheaper and not only that, but I may be able to have somebody do a custom one for me. I had this idea in the back of my head about putting three little lace applique butterflies on the veil. I wanted these to be a reminder for me when I saw them, that my Grandparents were there with me in spirit.

Upon searching on Etsy, I came across a listing by abusymother that was for an elbow length, single layer ivory veil. It was exactly what I wanted. I contacted her and explained to her what I was looking to do with the butterflies, and she was more than happy to help me with it. She then sent me a link to some butterflies that she had found and I loved them so she purchased them and told me that whenever I was ready to order, she would have them for me.

I was finally ready to order my veil right after my dress came in and after contacting her she got started. My thought is that I really want to have my veil and all of my accessories for my first fitting. I figured this would give her plenty of time because my first fitting isn't until November. Well that was three weeks ago yesterday that I ordered it. Well, Saturday I checked my mail to find that my veil was already here! I was way excited. I ripped it out of the box before I was even in the car. And this is what I found...






This was the best picture that I could get of it. The butterflies were a little bit bigger than I thought they were going to be, but I still love it. It is perfect. I put it next to my dress and the color matches, so that is a plus, haha! Now, I am sure that you are wondering how much I ended up paying for this since I was earlier complaining about how much they cost. Well, I am happy to tell you that with shipping my total came to $69.98! And it was worth every penny!

I highly recommend abusymother if you are looking for a veil. She does great work and she is really great to work with and her prices are very reasonable. 

Did you buy a veil from the place that you purchased your dress? Or did you have one custom made for you? Or were you adventurous enough to try making one on your own?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have my dress but have yet to decide or purchase a veil..I am thinking I may just do a flower in my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with how resourceful you are, Megan you would be the ultimate concierge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR