Thursday, November 29, 2012

Love Me Some Christmas

Okay, so I don't know if you guys have been able to tell or not but, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I know! Shocker! 

I think it has been pretty evident with my Christmas related posts this whole week. What can I say though? I am super excited that the Christmas season is here and I just love sharing all of my favorite things about this time of year with you guys. 

With that being said, I wanted to dive into one of my favorite parts of this time of year. Christmas music!!! I don't know what it is about music, but I love how it can transform my mood with just one song, and Christmas music is no different. I could seriously listen to it all year long(my Hubby would seriously kill me if I did though)and I get so excited when some of my favorite artists put out Christmas albums. So I thought that I would share with you guys, my favorite Christmas albums. 

Now I have some albums that I have listened to for years and then I always have new favorites as well. My new favorite this year is Christmas with Scotty McCreery. I love that boy and his voice is just so soothing to listen to. And if you are in for a good cry, listen to "Christmas in Heaven" off this album. Seriously bawled my eyes out after listening to it. 


One of my all time favorites that I seriously listen to over and over(and don't laugh) is *NSync's Home For Christmas. We all went through the boy band phase, some of just never grew out of it, haha! But seriously, this album has so many Christmas memories attached to it that I don't think I could ever quit listening to it.


Sticking with the boy band theme, another one of my all time favorites is 98 Degrees This Christmas. Again, don't laugh. It is a good CD and my Brother probably won't admit this, but he still listens to it every year and continually tells me that it is the best Christmas CD ever! Love ya big Bro!


One album that I just purchased within the last couple of years is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Frank Sinatra's Christmas Collection is amazing. And who doesn't love Frank Sinatra? I love his voice and I love that anytime that I listen to him that he reminds me of my Grandparents. And Franky and I share a special bond in that we have the same Birthday!


And of course my Christmas music listening would not be complete if I didn't mention the Glee Christmas Album. I didn't even realize that they had a Volume 2 & 3 out already. I am going to have to go pick those up and stat. They cover a lot of the classics in a more modern way and I absolutely love it. 


And now I have to share with you guys my all time favorite Christmas song (aside from the original Christmas Song by Nat King Cole of course) that I just absolutely love to blast in my car and at home and sing as loud as I can to. Gayla Peevey's "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Try not getting this song stuck in your head. Oh it will happen!





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. great post, I love Christmas music! Except, UGH that hippopotamus song is 1 of the 2 Chrsitmas songs I just cannot stand, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas music too. I'm sad b/c the station in Boston that use to play it 24/7 went away!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR