Wednesday, October 29, 2014

PHR Exam

I've been meaning to write about this for a while now, but just haven't been able to find the time. This past September I started taking a class on Wednesday nights from 6 to 9 pm to help me get prepared for the PHR Exam that I am taking in December. For those that don't know what that is, PHR stands for Professional in Human Resources. 

I took over some of the HR responsibilities at my work a few years ago and after some discussion, my Boss decided that it would probably be a good idea for me to get certified in the HR field. Not sure if I have ever mentioned this but my College degree is in Accounting and my normal day to day job is in Accounting, so this whole HR thing has definitely been interesting over the last few years. It's a whole world on its own and navigating it isn't always easy. 

These are the study materials they handed out the first day of class! Yikes!
So far the classes haven't been too bad. There is a ton of extra reading and studying outside of class though. I sometimes get overwhelmed with how much there is, but I suck it up and get through it anyways. This whole process has definitely reminded me of when I was in College. I forgot how much I dislike reading for things like this, haha! 

I only have three more weeks of classes left. And I am actually going to miss one of them(tonight's class), so technically two weeks. But I have a ton of reading to do just for those two classes. Ugh. I just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end when I pass my test. Not to mention I am actually learning a lot and can already see how I can start applying it. 

Overall I think taking this class is for the best. It will help advance my career and give me a better understanding of what I should be doing on a day to day basis in regards to all of the HR stuff that comes my way at work. I just can't wait for it to all be done with though. I take my exam on December 5th and will know immediately whether I pass or fail. Gotta love the technology we have now that can give you your results instantly. 

Well, wish me luck everyone! I still have lots of studying to do, but that test will be here before I know it! 


Megan

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I want to do this! You know, in all of my free time. The geek in me is so jealous you get to take a class! Haha. That's exciting though, professionally speaking. I am doing a whole bunch of HR stuff at work now and I love it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR