Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend Recap

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here's a little bit of what went down in my neck of the woods this weekend. 

My weekend actually started on Friday. I took the day off. I had some errands and some running around that I needed to do, so it was perfect. First thing I did was take the dogs to the Vet. They were both due for a second set of shots. Bentley is growing like a weed. He is up to 28 lbs! He is going to be a monster, haha! And Louie is apparently overweight, so they are having us cut his food back. I don't think he's over weight, he's just fluffy!

After I was done at the Vet I went and paid some bills and then did our grocery shopping for the week and then went home and made these delicious Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars that I found on the Skinnytaste website. They were amazing! You can find that recipe here. After cleaning up the kitchen a bit, it was time to get ready to head out. I had a session with my trainer at 5:30 so I made my way across town to his studio. 

He absolutely killed my legs. I'm talking I could barely walk down the stairs to get to my car afterwards killed me. I thought I was going to fall over. But I always know that I worked hard when I feel that way. And to top it off, I squatted a new personal best of 185 lbs!!! Whoop whoop! I am pretty damn proud of that and pretty much telling everyone that I know, haha! 

After my session I called the Hubs to see where he was at. He was on his way to Best Buy so I met him there. We looked around for a bit and then headed to Kneader's to get some food. After we ate, we went to the AT&T store to talk to them about getting our contract upgraded and all that good stuff. After waiting for 45 minutes, we finally got to talk to someone. Hubs was able to get his phone on the spot. He got a HTC One. I unfortunately have to wait for my phone. We ordered it, but because it is in such high demand, I don't exactly know when I will get it. I'm sure you have guessed it by now, but I ordered the new iPhone 6 plus. And I CAN'T WAIT to get it! Eeekk! It only took us about two and a half hours, but we left with a new plan and new phones, well at least one of us did. 

Saturday morning I was up by 6 and out the door to the gym before 7 am. Got my workout in and then headed to Target to peruse the clothes section. I needed some new jeans and was looking for a few new tops! I was ready to scream from the mountain tops when the pair of size 6 skinny jeans fit me! Size 6!!!!!!!!! I have never ever fit into a size 6 before, well until now! And I found some great shirts in the clearance section! Score!! After finding some great stuff I headed home to get ready. 

My new jeans and one of the tops I found in the clearance section.
My High School's Homecoming Football game was this past Saturday and they asked for all Alumni to come back and watch the game. I was a little reluctant to go at first, but decided I would. I am glad that I did because one of my friends that I haven't talked to in almost five years was there and I got to see him and catch up with him. It's a long story why we haven't talked or seen each other in five years, but that is in the past and I was just happy that I got to see him. He was my best friend in High School and not having  him around the last five years has been hard. But I think we are going to start hanging out more again and hopefully we can re-build our friendship. I hope anyways. 

After the game I headed home and picked up the Hubs and we went and got dinner. We then made a stop at Kirkland's to pick up a few Halloween decorations. I was looking for a few specific things to complete my decorations on our buffet and I found them. It looks awesome now. But of course I didn't take a picture. 

After Kirklands we headed over to our friends house for game night. We played a few rounds of Cards Against Humanity. And it was hilarious as usual. We even had a new expansion pack to add in this time, so it was nice to see some new cards that we hadn't seen before. It was a fun night, that is for sure. 

Sunday I got up early and took Bentley on a hike through Red Rocks Canyon Open Space. We went for about an hour. I worked with him off leash and he is doing amazing. He listens so well and doesn't wander too far away. I think he is going to be a great dog for hiking, which is good because that is why I wanted him in the first place. 

After our hike I headed home and dropped him off and then ran to Sam's and the grocery store again to pick up a few things I forgot to grab on Friday. Then I went home and got dinner going in the crock pot, this really good Pumpkin Chili, yum! You can find that recipe here.  I then proceeded to sit my butt on the couch the rest of the day and did nothing but watch Football. It was amazing. The Broncos won and that is really the only game that mattered to me, but I enjoyed watching the others. I did spend a good part of Sunday evening reading my book for class on Wednesday, but other than that it was all Football. Just the way it should be. 

How was your weekend?




Megan

2 comments:

  1. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYUUUUUUM! You look fantastic! And I'm sure you FEEL it too! Glad you had a fun weekend. Seems like burying the hatchet is the theme of Fall! Haha. I for one think it feels great to just let the past go, and jut focus on the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to look just fantastic! And what a cute outfit!

    Msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR