Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Recap

Good Morning everyone! 

This weekend ended up not being as busy as I thought it was going to be. Which actually turned out to be a great thing!

Friday night started with a session with my trainer. He kicked my ass and then I went home. The Husband and I then went to Kneader's to grab something to eat. That seems to be our thing on Friday nights, a trip to Kneaders. Which is fine by me. It's delicious!

After Kneaders we went to T.J. Maxx and looked at some coats because I don't have a winter coat anymore. Mine are all way too big on me now. Yay!! It's a good problem to have. Unfortunately I didn't find one that I liked so we headed home. I spent the rest of the night watching Hocus Pocus and just relaxing. 

Saturday I was up early. That seems to be the norm for me now. I got myself some breakfast and then headed to the dealership to get my oil changed. I got there before they opened and was the third person in line. It only took them a little over an hour, thank goodness. They originally told me two hours and I didn't want to wait that long. 

After the oil change I headed down to my SIL's to meet up with them. We headed out the the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and met up with some other friends and their families. I carried my Nephew in the chest carrier for most of it, which was almost another 20 lbs! Haha! I figured it was a good workout. We had fun though walking with everyone and it was for a great cause!

After the walk we went and grabbed some lunch at Chick-Fil-A and then headed back to my SIL's to do some baking. We have been itching to try a new recipe out for these flourless brownies that we found. The secret ingredient is black beans. So we gathered all of our ingredients and went to town. My SIL and I along with my oldest Niece thought they were delicious, but my Brother and my other two Nieces would not agree with that statement, haha! Honestly I couldn't even tell that they had black beans in them. I will definitely be making them again. 

After our brownies were done and we had tasted them, I headed home. The Husband and I went and grabbed some food and then headed home where we did nothing but lounge around the rest of the night. It was perfect and I needed the little bit of rest time. 

Sunday I was up early again. I made a huge batch of whole wheat pancakes for breakfast (and froze the rest for the rest of this week) and then we took the dogs on a good 30 minute walk. After that I ran a few errands and made sure I was back to the house by 11 for the start of the Broncos game. They won which is awesome-sauce. They should have killed the Jets, but they kept it closer than I would have liked, but a win is still a win. 

We were supposed to head up to Denver to visit with the In-Laws after the game, but some things came up and so we ended up not going. So I helped my Brother and my SIL go pick up a race car frame and then spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching football. I actually started to not feel very good after dinner, so sitting on the couch and doing nothing was definitely needed. 

Like I said, the weekend ended up not being as busy as I thought. How was your weekend?


1 comment:

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)