Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend Recap

Good Morning! It's Monday, which I would normally hate, but today is technically my Thursday, so no complaints from me today! Here's what went down in my neck of the woods this weekend. 

Friday night I headed straight from work to my SIL's house so that we could get started on our costumes for the 5k we were running the next day. We didn't do anything to extravagant. We just made a tutu and wrist bands and hair bows and head bands. It took longer than I expected, but part of that was due to us taking a break to go get my Niece's Halloween costumes. And holy crap! I didn't realize how expensive Halloween costumes were. I almost never buy one anymore, so it was kind of a shock to see that one costume was $35 or more. Yikes!

I ended up not getting home til about 11 or so and immediately went to bed. I knew that I had to be up early in order to finish the last few pieces of our costumes and not to mention the 5k was at 9:30. So yeah, I was going to be up early. 

Saturday morning I was up at 5:30. I got my breakfast and then got started on the last few pieces of our costumes. Once I finished with those I got myself ready and then headed out to go pick up my SIL, my Nieces and my little Nephew. We left their house around 8:30 and headed up to Palmer Lake to participate in the Creepy Crawl 5k. 

We had a blast. My Nieces got to wear their costumes which they were over the moon about. My official time was 31:53. I was a little bummed because I wanted to be under 30 minutes, but unfortunately it didn't happen. But I have something to shoot for when I run the Turkey Trot next month on Thanksgiving day. I still didn't do too bad though. I was 11th out of 27 in my age division and I was 180 overall out of 480 something participants. Not too shabby if you ask me.


After the 5k was over there was a 1 mile kids fun run. So my Nieces and my SIL went ahead and ran that while I took my Nephew and walked it. We had him in the chest carrier and running with him in that is impossible, so I took my time and just walked it with him. 

After all the 5k festivities, I dropped my family back off at their place and then headed home. On my way I grabbed some lunch for the Hubs and myself and then went home and scarfed that down. I was starving. We didn't have any plans for the rest of the day, so we sat down on the couch and watched TV for the rest of the afternoon. I also took a good hour long nap on the couch only to be woken up by a certain puppy jumping on me and licking my face. If he wasn't so cute, I would have been mad, but he's adorable, so yeah.

After my awesome nap, I ran to the grocery store and did a little shopping for the week and then headed home to make dinner. I did nothing the rest of the night. It was awesome. I needed a little bit of down time, so it was perfect.

Sunday I was up early so that I could check my Fantasy Football line-up. When you have Calvin Johnson on your roster and there is a possibility that he isn't going to play and their game happens to be in London and starting at 7:30 am,  you have to make it a priority to check his status. Glad I did. He ended up not playing again, so I am definitely glad I checked it.

I spent the rest of my morning watching football and getting some reading done for my classes. Around 12:30 I loaded up the puppy and we headed out to go hiking for a little bit. We hiked for about an hour and then headed back home.

Shortly after getting home the Hubs and I headed up to Denver. We had a few stores we needed to go to and I also had to pick my friends up from the airport. So we went to our stores and got our errands done, grabbed some dinner and then headed to the airport.

We didn't get home until after 9:30, so it made for a long day, but we did get a few things done that we have been meaning to do up in Denver, so it all worked out.

How about you guys? How was your weekend?



Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR