Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday! Sorry my recap is late. Monday's seem to be my most hectic day, so finding the time to blog about my weekend is difficult. But I'm ready to get this show on the road. Here's what went down this weekend. 

Friday started out like it normally does with a session with my trainer right after work. After he kicked my ass I headed home and we went and grabbed something to eat. After dinner we headed home and I went straight to bed. I hadn't gotten much sleep that week and it was starting to catch up to me. And I had to be up early Saturday, so I turned on Gilmore Girls on Netflix and laid down. I was out within 10 minutes. 

Saturday I was up at 4 am. Yeah, I know, ridiculous. I had to be at my friends house at 5:15 to pick them up and take them to the airport so that they could catch their flight. After I dropped them off I headed home and got a few things done and got a 4 mile run in with the puppy. I pretty much dragged him the last mile. He was done, but he did a great job with keeping up and did an awesome job off his leash too when I was able to take him off of it. 


After my run I had to hurry up and get ready so that we could go pick up our friend and go to the Air Force Academy Football Game. We were running late of course, so we missed the first 10 minutes or so of the first quarter, but we did get to see the rest of the game and it was a good game. And a lot of fun to watch. 

After the game we dropped our friend back off at his place and then the Husband headed out to his game night with his buddies. My Brother and my SIL picked me up and we all went out to dinner at Johnny Carino's. Dinner was good. Our service kind of sucked and was really slow, but the food was really good. 

Sunday we were up early again. We had a session at 9 with a photographer to get some family pictures done. And by family I mean my Husband, myself and our two dogs. She did an incredible job with the pictures. They turned out absolutely amazing and I am so excited to get started on our Christmas cards because believe it or not people, it is coming sooner than you think! Like 10 weeks! Yikes! And yay!

Here are the pictures. Again, I absolutely LOVE them!



















After we were done with pictures we headed home and dropped the two fur balls off and then headed up to Denver to meet the In-laws for an afternoon of shopping and lunch. My Brother-In-Law's wedding is in two weeks and I still didn't have a dress. So while the Husband and his Dad went off and looked at the Lego store and Brookstone, my MIL and myself went to Nordstrom's to try and find me a dress. 

I think I had 20 different dresses to try on in that dressing room. It's amazing how many more options you have when you lose weight. This was the first time that I actually enjoyed shopping for a dress because I had so many options. By the time we were done I had it narrowed down to three options. This ended up being the final pick!


I love the color! And the socks really tie the whole outfit together! But seriously, I do love this dress. This is not something I would have ever picked for myself in the past. And actually the sales lady picked this one out. But I love it and I can't wait to wear it in a few weeks. 

After we were done shopping we went and grabbed some lunch and then we headed back home just in time for the Broncos game to come on. They killed San Francisco. And Peyton Manning made history! And it just happened to be a perfect end to a great weekend! Another busy weekend, but a great one!



Megan

2 comments:

  1. Look how awesome/goregous your pictures came out! That looks sooo much different from the Christmas card I got last year! Also, obsessed with that dress you got for the wedding. Smoke show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dress! Such a great color on you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR