Monday, April 4, 2011

Weight Loss

Holy crap! This is my third post of the day. That is a lot for me. So one of my other besties just recently started her own blog and she has decided to talk about her weight loss journey. You can find that here. It made me think that I may as well do the same thing. I think this way we will be able to support each other through our weight loss journey even though she is in Alaska and I am in Colorado. For me, the weight loss is a big deal this time. I have always done well with losing weight when I really set my mind too it, but I always manage to gain it back and then some. Now I am very set in losing weight and keeping it off.

I am tired of being up and down all the time. And with my wedding coming up, I really want to look my best. So my weight loss journey started about three weeks ago and I weighed in at 225 lbs. In the three weeks that I have been dieting, I have lost 5 lbs. Which I am happy about, but at the same time, I am not losing the weight as fast as I have in the past so I am a little frustrated.

The good thing that has come of this so far is that Aran and I have really changed our eating habits. We have been eating ground Turkey instead of beef. We have started including a ton more fruits and vegetables in our meals. We have cut out soda and are now drinking mainly water. I already feel a lot better about myself just with  changing some of the food that we have been eating. So I guess that is a start.

I have also been exercising. I have been trying to exercise at least four days a week. We are going to be getting a gym membership here soon so that will really help. Until then though, I have been doing the free step on the Wii Fit for 30 minutes a day which results in over 3000 steps which is definitely a good thing.

I am hoping that I can keep working hard and share more great news with you guys on my weight loss journey.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm also trying to loose some weight. I don't have a scale anywhere, so I have no idea what I weigh right now, but I've definitely been trying to eat healthier and drink more water too! It makes such a difference! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR