Monday, May 9, 2011

Donating Clothes for Storm Victims

I am sure by now everyone knows about the horrible tragedies that occurred in the South. If you have been living under a rock and don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about all of the tornadoes and storms that hit the South part of the United States a few weeks ago. So many people lost their lives and others lost all of their possessions. The lives that were lost will never be able to be replaced, but their possessions can be.

That is where all of us come in. Myself and Lou over at Guinn and Bare It decided that there had to be something that we could do to help even if we couldn't send money. Well she had recently gone through her clothes and was going to let me pick through them to see if there was anything that I wanted and then whatever I didn't want, she was going to give to Goodwill or some other organization like that. When we were talking about this, it donned on me that there were other people who needed the clothes a lot more than I did and especially more than Goodwill. So that night Lou and I decided to send all of the clothes that we don't wear anymore down to the South, to people who really are in need.

So I went through all of my clothes and boxed up a big box that I no longer wear but are still in good condition. I am having Aran do the same and Lou has already done hers. I did some research online about where to send them. Most people are only excepting donations in the form of money, but we did find one article about The United Way of West Alabama that is pretty much accepting any type of donation. You can find that article here.

If you would like to help by sending clothing, non-perishable items, tarps or other things, you can send those items to:

The United Way of West Alabama
P.O. Box 2291
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403

I hope that you guys can donate a few things from your closets! If you do, please post pictures on your blogs of a few of the things that you are sending and also leave me a comment. I would love to see who joins in on the effort to help. Thanks in advance to anyone who does help out. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR