Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Friend Dedication: Amber and Victoria

Two of the most beautiful women that I know
I have been working on getting this post together for a while now. I will warn you now, it is REALLY LONG!! This particular friend dedication is very special to me simply because these two friends who are sisters, are my oldest friends. I have known them longer than any of my other friends. They have stuck by me through middle school, high school, college and now my life after college. They have always been like family and honestly I know no different from that. They ARE family and always will be. So let me introduce you to them. First up, Amber.

Amber, my dog Britney, and I
Amber and I met in the 5th grade. We were in the same class and for some reason we just kind of got along. I always say that it was because we were the only two girls in 5th grade with boobs, so we could relate to each other, but I know that it was more than that. She has such a great personality and she is so caring. I love her to pieces. I can't imagine my life without her as a best friend. We did a lot of things together when we were younger. Sleepovers, dances at school, ski trips with school and I think my favorite memory of when we were  younger took place on a summer day after it had rained for hours. The place that my Mom and I were living at was out east and when it would rain, a small pond would form in the driveway. It was probably about 6" deep or so. So Amber and I decided one day to go out and play in it with my puppy Britney. We played around in this makeshift pond for a good hour or so. Of course it was nothing but mud, but we didn't care. We had so much fun splashing around that we didn't care that we were covered in mud. Luckily my mom had her camera there at the time so we were able to capture the moment.

Victoria is Amber's older sister by a year and we always got along really well too. Victoria was always fun to hang out with and I quickly began a friendship with her as well. When I would go over to their house I wouldn't just hang out with Amber, I would hang out with both of them. I love her so much and I am glad that I was able to establish a great friendship with her as well. One of my favorite memories of Victoria is when she and Amber and a few of our other friends came over for a sleepover for my 12th birthday. Somehow or another, I honestly can't remember, Victoria ended up being tied to and I think duct taped to a chair. I can't remember why we did this or if she volunteered, but I just remember this and how much fun it was.

When we were in 6th grade, my mom and I had to move to another town and into a different place. The school year was almost over so Amber's Mom let me stay with them during the week while we had school and then I would go home on the weekends with my mom. This reason along with many other's is why I consider them to be family. They took care of me when I needed it and I am so grateful to them for that.

After the 6th grade, I had to move in with my Dad because of the job that my mom got. So I had to switch schools which really sucked because I barely got to see Amber and Victoria that often. Luckily our schools were in the same league so through sports I was still able to see them. That was part of the reason that I kept playing sports too, so that I could see them when we played each other. During the summers I would also go and spend a few weeks with them. This was always fun and I remember one time they actually didn't know that I was coming over and their Mom and I surprised them. I think I hid in Amber's closet and they had no idea that I was even there.

Amber, Victoria, and I the day Victoria graduated
Throughout High School we kept in touch and saw each other when our school's would play against each other, but it was harder and harder to see each other because of school and summer jobs. I went out there for Victoria's High School Graduation and got to spend some more time with them, and then the following year, Amber came out for my High School Graduation and to a few of the graduation parties that were going on.

After I left for college, we didn't see each other very much. A lot happened while I was gone and I was sad that I missed it. Victoria got married in October of 2008 to an amazing guy named Josh. I wish that I could have been there, but I did see pictures and she looked absolutely beautiful and I was very excited for her. That next summer (2009) Amber and I were able to go to lunch and catch up. It was a lot of fun seeing her and it reminded me of how much I missed them and it made me want to be done with school even sooner so that I could come home and spend time with them.

Later that year I found out that Victoria was pregnant with her and Josh's first kid. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Kloe in March of 2010. I was so excited for her and I couldn't wait to get home to see them. Around the time that Victoria gave birth, I found out that Amber was also pregnant. Talk about double excitement.

Victoria, Amber and I at Amber's Baby Shower
After Graduation I came home and it was a little while before I got to see Amber and Victoria. I didn't actually get to see them until Amber's Baby Shower which was in June. I was excited for weeks for her shower because I was so excited to see them. It was such a great day and not only did I get to see the two of them, I got to meet Kloe and I got to see their parents as well. I loved the feeling that we just picked up right where we left off. I mean we hadn't seen each other in a while and it was as if time hadn't even passed. I was really excited to be back with my family.

In July of that year, I took Aran out to meet Amber and Victoria and all of the rest of the family. It was a great day filled with lots of fun and laughs and they seemed to really like Aran. A few weeks later, Amber gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Madyson. She was so cute and I was so excited for Amber. Things seemed to really be going well for all of us and I was so excited to have them back in my life.

Since coming back from school, we have done a lot together. Girls day out, ladies night, wedding dress shopping, just a lot of  fun times that I have truly enjoyed spending with them. I love spending time with the two of them and their little girls. Kloe and Madyson are like nieces to me and I can't imagine them not being here. I am so glad that I have found such great friends who I can call my family. I have asked both Amber and Victoria to be in my wedding and they both said yes, so I am excited to have them be a part of my big day.

I could say a million more things about these two amazing women, but I realize that this post is getting super long. Bottom line, I love them so much and I can't imagine my life without them. Two of the best friends and sisters anyone could ever ask for.

Love these two!!

Their Aunt, Amber, Aran, Me, and Victoria
doing a shot on Thanksgiving Day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR