Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Heartbreaking Devastation

I am not even sure where to begin with this post. I have so many emotions running through me right now and it is because of all of the horrible tornadoes that have been ripping through our country. I have not even been affected by any of them as far as losing friends or family or possessions, but I feel so terrible for the people that have. I can't even begin to imagine how they are feeling and I wish there was something that I could do to help them. I know that I can donate money and things like that, but I just wish that I could do more than that.

I took this picture from the
"Help Find Will Norton"
Facebook page. 
The latest one in Joplin, MO is breaking my heart. Some of the stories that are coming out of Joplin are just heartbreaking and so hard to even just read. Can you imagine living that story. One story that has particularly caught my attention is that of Will Norton. If you haven't heard the story of Will Norton, let me give you just a little bit of information. Will Norton is 18 years old with brown hair and blue eyes and he and his father were driving home from his High School Graduation on Sunday when the tornado hit and sucked Will out of the sunroof of the SUV that him and his dad were in. His dad has been found and I believe is okay, but the family has not been able to find Will. They don't know if he is alive or not, but they just want to find him. They have been doing everything in their power to find him, but have not had any success. They have even launched a Facebook page called Help Find Will Norton to help with their efforts. They are asking anybody that has actually SEEN him to please contact them.

I'm sure there are tons more stories out there just like Wills. It is just heartbreaking hearing about what these people are going through. If there is anyway that you can help, I encourage you to do so. If I am able to find an address where you can send items if you are not able to donate money, I will post it. I hope that if any of you have friends and family that were affected by this, that they are all safe and well. My thoughts and prayers will be with everyone that was affected by this storm.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't believe the devastation in one town! I have been so happy to hear some happy stories coming out of the devastation though, my friends 96 year old aunt was found unharmed. {even after her home was destroyed!}

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR