Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Commenting Challenge Day 2

Today is Day 2 of the Commenting Challenge going on over at Jenna's Journey. If you aren't sure what I am talking about you can read about it here or here. Today's topic is tell us about your blog.

I started this blog about a year and a half ago. I had a lot of friends who were blogging and I loved how they were meeting new people and finding great ideas online. Then my bestie, Lou showed me that there were a lot of wedding blogs out there that I could get ideas from and so I took the plunge. I mean, all the cool kids were doing it so I had to as well.

The blog started off as kind of an everything blog and I guess that it still is. At times it has focused more on the wedding that I was planning especially in the couple of months leading up to our wedding and again now that I am trying to finish all of our wedding recaps. I've posted recipes that I love or that I have found from others. I also talk quite a bit about trying to lose weight and my struggles with eating healthy. Like I said, it is kind of a life blog. Whatever I am going through in my life at that point, I write about.

The title of my blog is something that I struggled with for a while. I wanted it to really have some meaning. Hopefully making a long story short, I lost two of my Grandparents within the last five years and they meant everything to me. They had such big dreams that they wanted to see me achieve and were some of my biggest supporters and inspiration. The day of my Grandfathers service as we were putting his urn into the wall, a small orange butterfly flew right by his spot and then over to where my Grandmother and I were standing. We knew instantly that it was him letting us know that he was okay.

When my Grandmother passed away a similar thing happened with an off white/yellow little butterfly. I knew right away that it was her. Especially since my Mom who was on the west coast of the United States saw the same exact butterfly the very next day. So the title of my blog is a dedication to my Grandparents and the dreams that they wanted me to achieve that I am now trying to accomplish.

Me and my Grandmother at my College Graduation


I am pretty much an open book when it comes to what I will and will not share on my blog. I mean I showed pictures of me in a sports bra and shorts for a fitness link up and that is not usually something I am willing to do, but I decided to use it for inspiration. I seem to have an easier time stepping out of my comfort zone with this blog than I do in my real life. Hopefully that will carry over into my real life one day.

Well, that is all that I have about my blog for today. Thanks for stopping by again today and I hope to see you again tomorrow for Day 3!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Aww that's such a great reason to name your blog this! I don't think I ever knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by for the comment challenge. I really love your polka dot background! I am obsessed with polka dots! I also love the meaning your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..this post gave me chill and put a HUGE smile on my face...Stopping by from Jenna's..giving you some bloggy LOVE!!

    XOXO

    Karma Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and Aaron on your first 6 months of marriage.I have been married 39 years and I pray you guys are as blessed as my hubby and I have been. I love your butterfly story, I can see why butterflies are so important to you. This is my first time joining Jenna's challenge and I am enjoying hopping around to the many blogs. Please stop by and read a little bit about me. I am Karen's Korner on Jenna's list. If you like what you see be sure to join my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story about the butterflies! I love that family that has passed still can communicate with us and give us signs. I also lost my grandmother 5 years ago and just this year we lost my boyfriend's grandfather who actually raised him. It was really hard but there are certain things that happen in life that you know are a gift from them. Just as they did when they were here, they are still watching and guiding us! I have also recently started on this weight loss adventure! I'm excited to read more about yours as well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR