Friday, June 22, 2012

Speech, Speech, Speech

Once dinner was over, it was time for the speeches to begin. First up, the Best Man, Bret. His speech was absolutely amazing and had all of us laughing and awwwing. There were a few mentions of our kitties in his speech along with him reciting a note that Aran wrote to me from our whiteboard at home. Interesting part about that note is that Aran actually wrote that note to me when we were still in College. That note has stayed on my whiteboard since 2010. I could never erase it because it was the sweetest note and I wanted to be able to always look at it. Needless to say, Bret did a great job with his Best Man speech and we are so lucky to have such an amazing friend in our lives.
















Next to take the stage was the Maid of Honor, Lacey Lou. Her speech was also amazing. She talked about how we met and our time spent together as friends and of course how happy she was for us. I did a good job of holding back the tears during hers. There were a few moments that I thought I might start crying, but we both held it in. I love her to death and I am so lucky to call her my best friend. I love you Lacey Lou!








Jon, the Father of the Groom, speech was pretty amazing. And I'm not just saying that because he made fun of his son and gave me high praises. Well actually I am, haha! I kid, I kid. He of course welcomed me to the family and spoke of how proud they were of us and that they were excited to have me in the family. It made me feel amazing that they wanted me in their family. I hit the jackpot as far as in laws are concerned. I couldn't ask for two better people to have as my in laws! 











And last but not least, in a surprise appearance was my Mom! I had told her that she didn't have to say anything because she isn't usually comfortable getting up in front of people, but she did and I was so excited that she did! She of course welcomed Aran to our family and told him that if he ever wanted to be heard that he would have to speak up because our family is notorious for being very loud! And Aran is a very quiet person. My Mom did a great job with her speech and I am so glad that she got up there. Love you Mom!



We had some great speeches by some of our best friends and family. We could not have done this whole thing without them so we were very lucky and happy to have them by our sides throughout all of this.

Photobucket

Need to catch up?

Arrivals
Hunting Down Tuxedos
A Morning of Getting Beautified
Venue Set Up
A Rehearsal & A Dinner
Bridal Party Gifts Part 1
Bridal Party Gifts Part 2
Bridal Party Gifts Part 3
Getting Ready-Hair & Make-Up
Getting Dressed: The Groom & His Fellas
Getting Dressed: The Flower Girls
Getting Dressed: The Bride & Her Ladies 
The Ceremony 
Formal Photos 
Photo Fun: The Groom & His Fellas 
Photo Fun: The Bride & Her Ladies
Photo Fun in the Snow 
A Girl Needs Her Accessories
With These Rings We Wed
Table Decor
Wishing Tree
Our Entrance

1 comment:

  1. I love speeches at weddings. They are always (almost always) so heartfelt. My MOH is totally down, but the Best Man is super shy, so he probably won't. My dad has apprently already started working on his. Good Lord! Haha. Glad they went well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR