Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Weigh In Wednesdays

Happy Hump Day everyone! I am sad to report that the Bringing Sexy Back Fitness link up is dead. I know, I know! It sucks! But believe it or not, running a link up every week is hard work. And when things like life get in the way, it's hard to keep up with it. So after discussing it, K and I decided it would just be best to be done with it. 

With that being said, I am still going to be holding myself accountable every Wednesday. I know there are various Weigh in Wednesday link ups around this little blog world, so if you know of any, please feel free to tell me about them in the comments so that I can start linking up! I have looked for a few, but for some reason now that I am looking for them, I can't find them. Go figure! 

So for those of you who may have forgotten or just don't know my story, I have always struggled with my weight. Always! This has been a battle my entire life. I'm up, I'm down. I'm working out, I'm being lazy. Whatever the case, it has always been an issue. 

But I am tired of letting my weight dictate how I feel about myself. I am ready to quit struggling. I want to kick this weights ass and win the struggle. So that's where this little blog of mine comes in handy. Every Wednesday I will be here telling you about how my week went. Whether that be bad or good, gain or loss, I will be here to keep myself accountable. And if people happen to read it and leave encouragement, awesome! Or if they read it and say nasty things about the way I look and blah, blah, blah, you can bite me! Okay, I am only kidding about the last part. Kinda.

Anywho, today is a new day and I am ready to let you know how I did this past week. Can you say awful? Yeah, it was bad. I have been on a Subway kick lately which means lots of bread, so you can imagine that the scale didn't like me this morning. And I worked out maybe twice last week. Ugh! For some reason I just haven't been in the working out mood. But that needs to change.

I need to get back to being on a schedule. I need to get back to logging my food so that I am staying on track. My Fitness Pal is great for that, if I remember to actually put my meals in there. I have done better with that the last few days. So hopefully I can keep that progress up.

I have also set a few goals for myself for the next week. Nothing too difficult, but if I can achieve them, I think I will be better off and on my way to being on a schedule again. First, my ass needs to get back to the gym. Whether that be going to Zumba or just going and doing my own workout, it just needs to happen. And the fact that I am spending $20 a month on a gym membership and not using it, that needs to stop. It's just a waste of money, so yeah, that needs to be fixed.

My second goal is to quit eating bread and potatoes again. I was doing so well with this for the longest time and then I got derailed. So I am going to try my hardest to not eat bread or potatoes. And I need to lay off of the sugary stuff, like Starbucks! Starbucks needs to be a once in a while reward type thing instead of a whenever I want it type of thing.

I think if I can keep up with those goals, I will definitely be on my way to being back on track. Something else that might help is that the Hubby and I have implemented a reward system. At the beginning of each week we both decide how much we want to accomplish and if we meet that for the week, then we get something of our choosing. For me I am in need of some new workout pants. Because I have already lost some weight, my Nike Dri-fit pants are not fitting anymore, so that is my reward for next week if I reach my goals.

I can do this. I know I can. I have done it before and I will do it again. I am going to kick this weights ass! 


Megan

3 comments:

  1. Bread and potatoes are SO hard not to eat. But you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl! carbs are my favorite thing everrr, it was really hard for me to transition from a mostly carb diet to a veggie/protein diet. what really helps me is to think of all the things i CAN eat instead of all the things i can't. weight management is such a mental game for me! i think of all the protein packed things i can eat that i like, that way i'm not always depressed about missing bread and desserts ;) you have SO got this! have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekly weigh ins seem like a great way to keep accountable! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR