Tuesday, August 9, 2011

IT IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received the BEST phone call in the world yesterday! It was a phone call from the Boutique where I bought my dress. And surprisingly, my dress had come in EARLY!!!! Aghhhhh! So of course I was excited and was not able to concentrate on anything the rest of the day. After work I ran up there and picked it up and tried it on for the first time. It was the best feeling in the world to be able to try on MY dress and not the sample that I am sure hundreds of people have been in.

Back when I ordered the dress we decided to order a petite length skirt in hopes that we wouldn't have to hem the skirt. Ordering the petite length was an extra $100, but alterations for a hem started at $150. We figured we were saving money this way. I am so glad that we did this because when I put the dress on yesterday, the owner of the Boutique and the lady helping me into my dress both looked at the hem and said, "Wow! That hem is perfect! You won't need to alter that at all." YES!!!!! So if you are a shorty like me (I stand at a whopping 5' 5") and you have the option to get the petite length and it will work with your shoes, I highly recommend it! I mean of course check with the place that you are getting your alterations done and see how much the alterations would cost and if it is cheaper to get it altered then go that way, but if it isn't, again, I highly recommend doing this.

I am also having cap sleeves on my dress because I am Catholic and we are getting married in a Catholic church and they ask that you be a little bit covered. Originally we were going to try and order some cap sleeves off of another dress, but the designer wouldn't allow us to do that. So the Boutique ordered some extra material from my dress and a couple of extra lace motifs that are on the dress as well, and they are going to make them for me. I am really excited about this. I can't wait to see what they look like with the dress.

As you may be able to tell, I am really excited about my dress being here and it is really starting to make me realize how real all of this is. Holy crap, I am getting married! Whoa! Haha! I can't wait! Now, if only I can figure out how to make my skirt poof out more with the petticoat/hoop skirt that I already have. I think I have been watching too much of "Gone With The Wind", haha!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I am so pumped about your dress!.....AND THAT I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me and veronica are so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! And I am jealous that you don't have to hem because I feel like I will have to have miles hemmed off my dress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR