Friday, August 5, 2011

Tuxedo Weekend

Hello Friday! You have taken entirely too long to get here, but alas you are here! As we approach the "5 months to go" point on Sunday, our weekends are starting to be consumed by wedding planning. I assume that this is pretty normal for couples who are about five months away from there wedding, so I am trying not to stress out too much about all of this consuming so much of our time.

Well this weekend we have two things on tap for wedding planning. The first is that we will be going to Men's Wearhouse on Saturday morning with Aran, his Best Man Bret, and Aran's Dad to get a look at what they might be wearing for the big day. I was told that I should probably have a pretty good idea of what the guys are going to be wearing when I go speak with the florist about their boutonniere's. So with our appointment with the florist coming up next weekend, we figured we should probably get a jump on the whole tuxedo/suite thing. Random question: is it considered a tuxedo if there is no bow tie and a regular tie instead?

Second, like I said earlier in the week, we will be picking up the book of invitations to look at from the printer that we are using. I am super stressed out about this whole process, mainly because of how expensive everything could possibly be. The more and more I search the internet, the more and more I fall in love with the pocket fold invites. So depending on the options that the printer has for us, I may be buying most of the supplies to make these myself. Now, it might be possible for the printer to print the invites and all of the inserts that go along with the invite for us, and then we would just have to buy the pocket fold itself and then whatever we wanted to use to spruce up the invite, like ribbon and some card stock to make something to fasten the ribbon around the outside of the invite. Like I said though, all of this really depends on what type of invites he has to offer. Fingers crossed that we will find something that we love and that the process isn't as stressful as I have heard/I am making it out to be.

Did you know what type of tuxes your guys were going to be wearing before you talked with your florist? Was picking out your invitations stressful?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We hopefully will be going soon to look at suits/tuxes for our guys..I Have in mind what I want him to wear but we are not 100% sure yet and yes we have already picked out the flower situation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR