Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And It Begins

As some of you may know, I am currently going through the process of becoming Catholic. So today is Ash Wednesday and with that comes the start of Lent, which also means that I am getting pretty dang close to being done with all of the classes that I have to take. Yippee! Don't get me wrong, I am learning a lot, but I feel like I never have a weekend anymore because Aran and I go up to his parents church to do the classes and to attend mass and it is a good hour drive. Anyways, I had to decide what to give up for Lent and seeing how I have never done this before, I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want it to be so easy that it wouldn't be a challenge for me, but I didn't want it to be so difficult that I was setting myself up to fail.

 So after much thought, I have decided to give up an hour of  TV a day. I watch way too much TV most days so hopefully this will make me get off the couch. I have been super lazy lately and so I am hoping that since it is something that I am supposed to do that I will actually do it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can do this. It is definitely not going to be easy, that is for sure, but isn't that the whole point? I am still trying to get a grasp on everything but from what I have understood, giving something up for Lent is supposed to be something that will challenge you.

I think Lent is definitely going to be a challenge not only for me, but for Aran as well. If there is one thing that I can say about Aran, it is that he LOVES soda. Dr. Pepper especially and with that being said, he has decided to give up soda this year. I pray that this does not drive him insane. He is one of those people that gets cranky if he doesn't have his caffeine so this is going to be interesting to say the least. We may have to go buy a coffee pot, haha!

Is anyone else giving something up for lent? I would love to hear what it is and also if you have any advice for how to stay on track with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Megan

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally guilty of too much tv too, I should cut back during Lent. One year I gave up soda and that was really difficult, but I tried all kinds of different drinks to find something I really liked to fill the void.
    Sometimes I put post it notes on the item I gave up {if it's still in the house} as a little extra reminder. And since you're giving up an hour of tv, sometimes it's easier if you have a set plan for that extra hour at first. And then it will become easier to find ways to avoid it :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try and fill that hour with exercise because I could definitley use it, haha!I may have to hide the remainder of the soda in the house so he doesn't get into it. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR