Friday, March 18, 2011

My First Tutu and A Very Busy Weekend

My first tutu!
For awhile now I have been wanting to make tutu's for my nieces. I keep seeing all of these really adorable one's on etsy and other websites and I kept thinking to myself that it couldn't be that hard. I finally looked it up last week and was amazed at how easy they really were. So last night I set out to make my very first one. It turned out better than I could have imagined. I am planning on making another one this weekend so that I have one for my both of my nieces. If it goes well, I might start making more so that I can experiment with them. Hopefully the second one turns out as good as the first one. Fingers crossed!

This weekend is going to be very busy. Tomorrow we have to be at Mass at 7:30 am and then from there we have a retreat that we have to go to that lasts until 3:30. It is definitely going to be a long day. After that we have to go meet with these photographers at 5:00, which I am super excited about. All of their work online looks really amazing and they have a package that has a photobooth option (yay!) and it is within what we budgeted for a photographer (double yay!) I am really hoping that we love them because I have always wanted a photo booth for our wedding reception, so if this works out, I will be one happy girl! So that is what is planned for our Saturday.

Then on Sunday we have mass at 9:00 am and then class after until 12 and then we finally get to go home. Like I said, it is going to be a long weekend and I can not wait until it is over. On a different and kinda weird note, it was like 70 degrees here yesterday and then I woke up this morning to snow. Really? Only in Colorado I guess. Well, I hope that everyone has a fun weekend ahead of them. Hopefully everyone will be lucky enought to have some nice weather!

Megan

3 comments:

  1. Great work on the tutu! Looks fabulous! I have all the materials at home, just waiting for me to tackle them. But, alas, my sewing machine needs to go to the sewing maching doctor this weekend. Hopefully, I will tackle them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I didn't even use my sewing machine. I hand sewed the elastic and then just tied the tulle on and then hand sewed the bow too. I can't wait to see what yours look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I need to work harder, but yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR